UnLtd India exists to be a launch pad for start-up social entrepreneurs in India. It finds, funds and supports exceptional individuals to enable them to develop as leaders, start up sustainable, high-impact initiatives, and prepares their fledgling organisations for growth and funding.
We work with social entrepreneurs typically in years 0-4 of their venture’s lifecycle, by providing (a) financial support (b) hands-on support on critical areas of launching and growing a social venture and (c) high-value connections linking our social entrepreneurs with peers, subject-matter experts, and further funders. Over the last 7 years, UnLtd India has supported 134 Social Entrepreneurs across diverse sectors. Our Social Entrepreneurs have impacted 1.1 million lives and created 12000+ jobs. They have raised additional funding of INR 14.5 for every rupee provided to them by UnLtd India. 22% of our Social Entrepreneurs go onto address issues at scale in India and 60% continue to address issues within their city/state.
UnLtd India is now recognised as India's leading incubator, present in five states and supporting 80+ social ventures annually. Our long-term vision is to create a localized and pan-India support mechanism that nurtures hundreds of next generation of social entrepreneurs impacting millions of lives.
We’re looking for an Accounts Associate to implement and manage effective financial systems for UnLtd India with high standards of accountability, transparency and precision.
Your roles & responsibilities will be:
Manage the finance department functions effectively and smoothly
• Maintain and Monitor day to day Cash expenses, Bank balance, Cash Advances, all financial and accounting documents and records, Preparing bank reconciliations reports and sending the cheques and documents by courier/ post;
• Deduction of TDS on the payments made to Staff and vendors and quarterly Depositing the TDS to Govt. department through Auditor and quarterly TDS returns;
• Process payments to staff members, consultants, temporary employees, other claimants and external contracts. Check all receipts and payments are in accordance with financial rules and regulations and according to the contracts signed;
• Ensure that financial and accounting documents / records are maintained and filed in an orderly, transparent and efficient manner;
• Be responsible for safe custody of petty cash, cheques and all financial and accounting documents and records in accordance with established procedures. Responsible for monitoring of cheque books and receipt books and their record keeping;
• Deposit all cash /cheques/drafts in the bank on a day-to-day basis or as and when required;
Manage contracts and grant agreements;
• Adhere to the provisions of budgets, and forecasts.
• Prepare statements on a monthly/quarterly basis or as required;
Provide support to UnLtd India’s Associates and Social Entrepreneurs as required:
• Financial review of Social Entrepreneurs on quarterly basis and submitting financial review report to all the Associates and incubation Director;
• Providing technical support to Social Entrepreneurs, particularly in designing accounting system and orienting them on the use of accounting package and managing day to day financial administration
• Monitoring and accounting of Affiliates accounts
Financial audit is carried out as per need in a timely fashion
• Ensure financial audit is conducted as per legal requirements and as per donor specifications;
• Ensure all statutory compliances and maintain a compliance calendar with I.T., ROC and Home ministry
We are looking for you to have the following skills ,experience & abilities
• Graduate / Post-Graduate of Commerce stream with minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in finance management and administration.
• Efficiency in Tally ERP 9 & well versed in MS Office is must
• Knowledge of Taxation laws, Income Tax, Service Tax, processing, filing tax returns (TDS) and finalization of accounts.
• Knowledge of non-profit laws in India, FCRA and related issues desirable
• Fluency in oral and written English and Hindi is essential
• Experience in development sector preferable but not essential
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Must be comfortable working with a diverse team, in a flexible environment and with a sometimes demanding work schedule
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to self-initiate, problem solve, make decisions independently and to know when to seek additional guidance
• Good analytical skills
• Keen learning attitude and participatory in approach
• Willingness and flexibility to move seamlessly from role to role depending on the context
To apply, please send your CV / resume (no longer than 2 pages, please) and a short cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per the UnLtd India’s recruitment policy, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)unltdindia.org