Assistant Director - Government Relations
To protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a committed, dedicated and enthusiastic professional to provide key leadership in the Government Relations department of the National Advocacy team. In this role, he/she will have the opportunity to develop relationships and lead the strategy for advancing the National Advocacy’s core objectives with national and state government. This position is based in Delhi, India and will report to the Director of National Advocacy, Delhi.
Develop Strong Relationships with Stakeholders
• Actively seek to become well acquainted with government leaders and others with influence to achieve National Advocacy’s core objectives.
• Work with the government to develop bonded labour awareness materials for government audiences.
• Liaise between IJM and government to set up meetings, organize engagements and facilitate workshop/symposium opportunities on bonded labour.
• Work with various government department to ensure we support the government with proper policy inputs to address the social, criminal and economic aspects of bonded labour
• Work with other critical stakeholders to ensure the issue is recognized and action is taken
Give Strategic Leadership to the Campaigns
• Implement a contact management system to ensure information on government contacts is managed appropriately and efficiently.
• Develop specific strategies to reach leaders whose support is necessary for the success of advocacy goals.
• Evaluate and modify strategies as needed.
• Prepare regular reports on the success of advocacy work at the government level.
• Ensure that all engagements with the government are leveraged to the greatest extent possible.
• Liaise with the Director - Partnerships to ensure proper inclusion and networking of partners as well as the larger network and movement.
• Work with partners and build up state advocacy efforts to support policy input at the state government level.
• Conceptualise and organise events that can be used to highlight the national problem of bonded labour.
• Deliver presentations on IJM’s work to a variety of audiences.
• Build IJM’s credibility at the national level.
• Attend functions or events as a representative of IJM.
• This position requires frequent travel (At least 12 weeks per year) to visit IJM’s offices and partner sites throughout India.
Required Skills and Experience
• Relevant work experience of minimum 2 years.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s of preferably in the field of management/politics/social sciences
• Proven track record of successfully networking with senior government officials
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Software, Windows 2000 and Windows XP and
• Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
• Professional demeanour
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Mature judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
• Works well under stress and sustains a positive attitude
• Problem solving skills
• Willing to take initiative
• Strong ethic of service and passion for IJM’s mission to bring justice to the poor
Send Resume & Cover Letter By E-mail To: email@example.com
Job Email id: delhirecruiting(at)ijm.org