Infrastructure for Climate Resilient Growth in India (ICRG) Programme
Position Name: Climate Resilient Micro-infrastructure Engineer at District Level
Location(s): Bolangir, Kalahandi, Nuapada, Kendujhar & Mayurbhanj Districts of Odisha
Last Date to Apply- 18th June 2017
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in the position are requested to email their updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org along with name of the position in the subject line and preferred district clearly mentioned in the subject line.
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development-consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance. A consortium of partners led by IPE Global manages the ICRG program.
Infrastructure for Climate Resilient Growth in India (ICRG) is a 43-month Technical Assistance (TA) Programme supported by UK’s Department for International Development (DFID). It started in Aug. 2016 and will end in Feb. 2020. ICRG is providing TA to the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) and three states (Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Odisha) to improve the design and implementation of works under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, (MGNREGA) so as to build climate resilience of the assets created as well as of the rural poor, particularly of those dependent on rain-fed agriculture. The program in Odisha is being implemented in 35 blocks of the 5 Districts namely Bolangir, Kalahandi, Nuapada, Kendujhar & Mayurbhanj.
Key Purpose of the Job:
The programme intends to engage Climate Resilient Micro-infrastructure Engineer at District Level for overall planning, supervision and guidance for the Engineering and Natural Resource Management activities.
B. Tech in Civil/Agricultural Engineering from a recognized university/institution.
Minimum of 5 years of field experience in projects relating to Watershed Development/ soil and water conservation engineering in the public or private sector/ minor irrigation etc. with demonstrated knowledge on rainwater harvesting structures, diversion irrigation, lift irrigation etc. Experience on working in MGNREGS would be an added advantage.
• Preparing the engineering design and cost estimates for all Climate Resilient engineering structures and suggest innovative engineering design and replication of best practices in the district.
• Assessment of the sites to take up community infrastructures / engineering structures under MGNREGS at village level.
• Assist the Block Engineers (JE/GPTA) working under MGNREGS during execution of Climate Resilient Works to be taken up in project blocks and capacity building of engineering personal from time to time.
• Checking the quality of all construction works
• Preparation of NRM strategy and Convergence Plan for the Climate Resilient Works (CRWs) to be created under MGNREGS.
• Closely work with District Administration and Block administration for effective execution of CRWs in the project area.
• Coordination with the NGOs/community Facilitators/ Gram Panchayat team in the district during labor budgeting, selection of NRM projects, approval of projects in Palli Sabha and Gram Sabha etc.
• Document the project progress, facilitate periodic review of the NGOs/Community Facilitators, submission of Monitoring Reports, capturing success stories, facilitating visit by National/ State Team/ other partners etc.
• Liaising with the Soil Conservation Department, Forest Department, Irrigation Department, Agriculture and other line departments to ensure inter-agency coordination for Programme interventions;
• Take up and facilitate studies and research to assess the impact of works demonstrated under ICRG.
• Orgaise trainings for the block and district level staff of MGNREGS on climate change and climate resilient works.
• Take up additional activities from time to time in the district assigned by the State Team Leader.
The position requires frequent travel to remote locations/project areas.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in engagement, ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their contract. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates have to apply with updated Resume/CV by Email to at email@example.com
Infrastructure for Climate Resilient Growth (ICRG)
SIRD Building, Ground Floor, SIRD Campus,
Near Stewart School, Unit – 8,
Bhubaneshwar – 751 012, Odisha,
Tel:0674– 64511307nitoring, Evaluation
Job Email id: climateengineers_icrg(at)ipeglobal.com