Video Volunteers is a media and human rights NGO that is growing and changing the media and social change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality.
Communications Officer, Goa
This is a great position for someone who is interested to bring marginalized voices and perspectives to the mainstream media. The position involves writing content for VV articles and social media, working with media partners, and managing organizational documentation.
• Coordinate with the production team in uploading daily videos, ensuring that the publishing calendar is followed. Manage daily publishing
• Write various communications –daily journalistic articles for publishing on videovolunteers.org
• Write press releases
• Provide support to others in the organization for their projects’ communications needs, such as creating brochures, reports etc.
• Maintain and write for VV’s Facebook and twitter and other social media accounts; additionally curate VV state Facebook pages and watsapp groups
• Create written for the VV website writing and posting copy, reviewing the site for broken links and communicating with outside consultants
• Create written content for VV’s campaigns on gender, untouchability, the Right to Education Act and maternal health
• Assist in writing funding proposals
• Translation and subtitling of videos into English
• Oversee documentation, such as preparation for the annual report, managing interns who do documentation during trainings, manage the photo bank, conduct trainings on documentation and case study creation for other staff. Maintain the VV data server and research folders and materials and the organization’s archive
• Assist in developing and managing media relations to get VV’s work maximum visibility. This would include online, TV, radio and print platforms as well as contributing to content-sharing partnerships with other NGOs and CSOs VV works with.
• Coordinate our distribution by sending video updates to our online distribution partners. Pitch story ideas based on what is being produced to national and international media houses and ensure pick-ups for the best content produced.
• Respond to media queries and encourage articles to be written about VV’s programs.
• Research and arrange field visits for media partners.
• Work closely with State offices in setting up state media collaborations. Set up and maintain regular content sharing partnerships in each state where VV has an office. Help the state offices pitch stories to print and TV as community correspondents are covering them.
• Maintain the partnerships database and add to the research folders and the data server
• Arrange meetings and events, such as group trainings, conferences and meetings for partnership and funding as and when required
Depending on the experience of the candidate, this role will either be coordinator or manager-level. For consideration at manager-level you must have at least 5 years of work experience; for consideration at coordinator level you must have at least 2 years
• Past experience must either be in NGO communications or as a journalist
• Experience in social media management and/or online news a huge plus. Must be familiar with management of web and social media platforms, especially Facebook, twitter and YouTube.
• Must have an excellent understanding of news cycles as well as social issues in the country, especially the ones that VV works on;
• Fair knowledge in Google tools such as Google analytics, Ad words, and SEO and Digital Marketing tools.
This position is based in Goa, India with occasional travel. Goa, with its low cost of living, beautiful beaches, wonderful food and mild climate is one of the nicest places in which to live.
Note: We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s religion, caste, gender or sexual orientation. Persons belonging to religious, ethnic or gender minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Contact: Send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position to email@example.com and fill up the online application form here:
Job Email id: hr(at)videovolunteers.org