Post Title: Data Collector/Field investigator
Hours: Full time
Term: 1 year
Location: Tertiary care hospital in Mumbai (Mazgaon area)
Language skills: Fluent in Hindi and Marathi
Experience: 2-3 years of experience in primary data collection (surveys, interviews, and Focus Group discussions etc.)
Qualification: Masters in Social Work, Bachelors in social work(atleast 3-5 years of field experience)
Collects and coordinates research data in support of a specified research study or group of studies. Arranges and conducts field interviews as appropriate to the study, and records research data in accordance with specified protocol and procedures. Travels to various sites within a specified geographical area, as appropriate to the objectives of the study.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to maintain quality standards in all data collection activities performed.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
• Interviewing and data collection skills.
• Ability to understand and apply specified field procedures and protocols.
• Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
• Computer data entry skills.
• Skill in the use of computer spreadsheet and/or database applications in the compilation of research data
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Travels to field site to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
2. As appropriate to the specified position, codes and verifies data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures, and enters data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
3. Develops or assists in the development of interview schedules; contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol, and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone.
4. Identifies and compiles lists of potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters, as appropriate to the individual position.
5. Conducts and records face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures, and documentation standards.
6. Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follows up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Job Email id: vanita.kadam(at)nsfoundation.co.in
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation is a non-governmental organization (NGO). The registration number of the organization is: NO.DIT(E)12A/37185/2002-2003?(31-03-2003. It was established in the year 2003?. Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation works in the area of Education & Literacy, Health & Nutrition, Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, etc. The organization works towards the promotion of sustainable development. The organization operates in Maharashtra, India.