BASIX Consulting and Technology Services Ltd. (BCTS), which is a group company of BASIX Social Enterprise Group, is a consulting firm in the social development space (specifically livelihood enhancement) is seeking services of qualified and experienced candidates for
Knowledge Management and Capacity Building Expert (Deputy Manager Level)
No of Positions - 3
Locations: Koraput, Rayagada and Gajapati, Odisha
Annual CTC Range: 4-5 lakhs
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Rural Management, Forest Management, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management or a related field.
- Total 5 years plus experience in rural development, with at least 4 years of experience in knowledge management and design and delivery of participatory approaches in capacity building programs for communities, project functionaries, etc. Strong team collaboration and technical leadership skills is desirable.
Skills & Competencies required for all posts:
- Good Communication (written & spoken) in English and Odia, Problem Resolver, Analytical Skills
- Result Orientation, Task Orientation, Self-starter, Thought Clarity
- Experience with participatory extension approaches and farming system.
- Thorough understanding of value chain of production, processing, storage and distribution with emphasis on market oriented production systems.
- Should be able to travel extensively within the project districts.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Identification of Primary Producers and formation of Producers Groups (PGs) as per the approved product line. Assist the PGs in identification of representatives/Directors in forming the Producer Company (PC).
- Provide hand holding support to PGs and PCs in implementation of value chain model, business plan development, market analysis, trader identification and product disposal.
- Facilitating access to technology to address critical gaps in production, post-harvest and processing, value addition and marketing.
- Facilitating partnerships development/linkages/convergence with key knowledge/technology institutions, private firms, marketing institutions and traders.
- Organizing capacity building training and exposures for Client organization/ functionaries and community on Producer Company and value chain concept.
- Review of existing Value Chain Analyses and Market Assessments of agricultural ( Mango, Cashew and Ginger)and NTFP product ( Hill broom) and labour markets
Apply with an updated CV that best highlights requisite educational qualifications and work experience and send to the following mail id: email@example.com
Please mention in the Subject line: Applying for the post of ___________________
Last date of applying: 10th December, 2016
Job Email id: consultingjobs(at)basixindia.com