Position: Program Officer, REACH
Based in: Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna and Ranchi.
Number of vacancy –Multiple
REACH is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the fight against Tuberculosis (TB). The advertisement is for one full time position at the New Delhi office for the Tuberculosis Call to Action (TBC2A)project supported by USAID. Through this project, REACH seeks to amplify and support India’s response to TB by involving previously unengaged stakeholders and broadening the conversation around the disease. The project is being implemented in 6 states of the country.
REACH is seeking application from eligible candidates for the positions of Program Officer to based state capitals of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. As member of state project team the selected person will be responsible to manage and implement and support the project at state level
• Enhance advocacy efforts within the state by integrating the advocacy component in all aspects of the project cycle, including the project proposal, reports and evaluations
• Assess and collate evidence in preparation for advocacy, analysing information and determining additional requirements (if any) in relation to evidence
• Promote success stories among various media outlets in the region and the rest of the state
• Active participation in meetings and writing of the minutes, dissemination of the minutes, respecting relevant and appropriate channels
• Outreach and establish network with key stakeholders including civil society partners, NGOs, print & electronic media, elected representatives, Chemist & druggist association, Medical associations, private health care providers & institutions, affected communities and private sector etc.
• Identify and engaging TB Champions & Ambassador in TB control program in state.
• Engaging with corporates and business leaders, key influencers and leading academics.
• Mainstreaming and collaboration with different departments & their schemes/ programs for TB affected community.
• Documenting processes, successes and challenges for learning within the team.
• Maintain good coordination and hand holding support with SR for develop the plan & execution of the activities.
• Regular coordination & follow up with Sub Awardee performance against the target.
• Facilitating and manage logistics for events in the state.
• Ensure proper monthly planning, documentation and reporting of the activities.
• Carrying out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required as per the project’s objectives.
• Responsibility for submitting regular reports to State Coordinator.
Qualification and experience
• A post graduate degree in Public Health/Social Sciences/ Rural Management or other related field.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of advocacy
• Experience of advocacy, networking and communications on TB and public health and/or development issues in India
• Experience in government relations and/or donor engagement
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English and Hindi) and the ability to adapt styles to meet the needs of different audiences
• Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships
REACH is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Remuneration will be at par with market standards and will be based on experience and qualifications.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application including a cover letter and an updated CV (with at least two references) to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest and no later than 24 May 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Email id: opportunities.reachtbc2a(at)gmail.com
• Excellent computer literacy and use of software packages (Word, Excel)
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
• Ability to work independently, and with teams
REACH is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) working the field of Aged and elderly, Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Animal Welfare, Civic Issues, Dalit Welfare, Disaster Management, Eco tourism, Education & Literacy, Environment and natural resource management, Food and Agriculture, Health & Nutrition, Land Resources, New & Renewable Energy, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Water and Sanitation, Womens Development & Empowerment, Youth Affairs, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development. The NGO was established in 2012. The registration number of the organization is: 535/2012?(24-01-2012). The organization is operational in Himachal Pradesh, India.