PROGRAMME OFFICER FOR WASTE MANAGEMENT TEAM
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking Programme Officer for the Waste Management Team.
ABOUT CSE AND THE TEAM BACKGROUND
Established in 1980, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a New Delhi based independent public interest research organisation that aims to promote an informed public opinion in favour of environmental sustainability and sustainable development and bring about fundamental policy change. CSE has been successfully conducting its own brand of activism based on research and knowledge in the areas of industrial rating, urban air quality and urban transport, water supply, sewage management, toxification and rural environmental management.
CSE forayed into solid waste management in the year 2014 with an objective to understand the status of solid waste in our country. Two years hence, our work in this sector has brought a different picture of solid waste management- that it is just not about sweeping cities off garbage. The team aims to engage in research and advocacy for providing effective and affordable policies in the stream of solid waste management in the country. The major work of the team includes generation of data, documentation of best practices, writing policy briefs, developing action plans and sensitisation to build the capacity of policy makers, local bodies for better solid waste management in India and Global South. The overall nature of work of the team is extremely dynamic and remains abreast with current developments.
The candidate will be required to substantially contribute to the team’s research and advocacy work. Specific tasks will involve-
• Writing extensively on waste management related issues, best practices, particularly related to the team’s focus;
• Research on policy matters;
• Analysis of data/information as required for specific research;
• Preparation of reports, communication materials, and other publications as necessary;
• Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders for effective advocacy;
• Enhancing network of concerned stakeholders;
• Travel as required for the team’s work.
• Excellent writing skills, should be able to present information in a clear and concise manner;
• Ability to comprehend and synthesize diverse information;
• Very good oral communication and networking ability;
• Must be able to work under short deadlines;
• Ability to think creatively;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Should be disciplined, responsible and flexible with work as per requirements of the team;
• Most importantly, given the dynamic nature of the teams work, the candidate needs to be extremely motivated and perceptive.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
• Candidates with a B.Tech/M.Tech in Environmental Engineering, with excellent writing and communication skills and having a work experience of over 4-6 years in the relevant field
• Candidates with credentials in Environmental Journalism/ Journalists with particular background and experience in environmental and policy issues concerning solid waste management and having a work experience of over 4-6 years in the relevant field.
Final candidates will be required to take a writing test.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is based in New Delhi.
Candidates can send applications online (preferably) or by postal services, as convenient. Please send your application(not exceeding 200 words) stating your competence and suitability for this position, expected salary and availability in terms of date of joining.
The last date of application is Dec.24, 2016. To apply for the above position, please ‘click here :http://jobs.cseindia.org/’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta , Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 29956394/6339/5124 Fax: 29955879
NP: Only short listed candidates will be informed