1. Analyse the state-level policy documents, schemes and programmes and identify the areas of collaboration, partnership and prepare concept note for advocacy.
2. Identify the available infrastructure and other public resources which could be leveraged for the project through development of a vibrant partnership with the state government agencies.
3. Develop state factsheets and collate recent data for the state to develop evidence based advocacy note through analysing the local socio-economic trends.
4. Identify and create the inventory of the local business environment and opportunities which could be leveraged for achieving project target.
5. Assess the certification process of the training programmes based on standardisation, cohesion and reliability of the programme, identify credible training institute and guides in selection of the courses
6. Identify and develop a detailed list of strong implementing agencies (social mobilisation agencies, skill development organizations, placement agencies, certification agencies, entrepreneurship support organisations, financial institutions etc.) and coordinate implementation arrangements with the agencies.
7. Develop the reporting process on mobilisation, skill development, and placement linked jobs initiatives and the entrepreneurship component of the project or on any other activity /task for the programme implementation.
8. Conduct field visits to support implementation through close working relationship with implementing agencies. Support implementation of the communication strategy for the community mobilisation agencies, entrepreneurship development and perform any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/or assigned by the State Project Head.
9. Support the implementing partners in documentation of relevant lessons including human interest stories and share it with the stakeholders/wider network, preparation for the reports, progress reports, work plans and budgets.
10. Provide assistance by participating, documenting and preparing the minutes of the meetings of the programme activities for follow up action plan.
11. Monitor the fund utilisation for the implementing partners, track the budget utilisation, prepare contracts for services and goods, terms of reference, obtain finance clearance, process EPAs and follow up.
12. Develop monthly/quarterly reports and submit to UNDP in consultation with state head.
13. Prepare concept notes with agenda and budget and provide assistance in logistic arrangements for workshop/seminars and training programmes for the project.
14. Carry out specific administrative operational/control task for project and programme activities.
A Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Economics, Social Sciences,
Development Studies or related fields. Post Graduate Degree would be desirable.
Mobilisation of women under development programmes.
Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of skill development and entrepreneurship development projects. Good understanding of development issues such as human development,inclusive development, gender and participation, skill development and certification, entrepreneurship and public private partnership models.
Good understanding of monitoring budget, expenses and tracking the outcomes.
Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Peoples orientation and the ability to work with people.
Establish, build and sustain effective relationships, partnerships and alliances, advocate effectively and communicate sensitively.
Develop strong networks across diverse sectors at leadership levels.
Result-orientation and ability to develop strategic approaches.
Identifies problems and propose solutions.
Demonstrates extremely strong influencing and facilitation skills.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
Shares knowledge across the organization and builds a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UNs values and ethical standards
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Treats all people fairly without favouritism and discrimination.
Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity
Builds and promotes effective teams using mentoring and conflict resolution skills
Works as a team member.
Facilitates and encourages open communication in the team, communicating Effectively.
Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; monitors performance against development and other objectives and corrects deviations from the course.
Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Willingness to travel extensively. Fluency in English and Hindi is essential. Knowledge of regional language(s) would be an asset.