JOB DESCRIPTION: REGIONAL PROGRAM CONSULTANT, MAS PROJECT (UNDER NHMM) 3 POSTS
A secular, Mumbai-based non-profit organisation, SNEHA believes that investing in women's health is essential to building viable urban communities. SNEHA targets four large public health areas: Maternal and Newborn Health, Child Health and Nutrition, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Prevention of Violence against Women and Children. Our approach is two-pronged: it recognises that in order to improve urban health standards, our initiatives must target both care seekers and care providers. We work at the community level to empower women and slum communities to be catalysts of change in their own right and collaborate with existing public health systems and health care providers to create sustainable improvements in urban health.
We have been appointed as a Mother NGO and are working in collaboration (July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017), with the National Health Mission, Maharashtra (NHMM), for the formation of about 10,000 Mahila Arogya Samitis(MAS),through collaboration with NGOs and Community Based Organizations (CBO)across 95 urban locations. The long term vision of the project is to create a mechanism for the community to partner public health systems for improved health outcomes, support the ASHAs to perform to their potential, ensure convergence among all stakeholders and for SNEHA to replicate its successful models through the MAS.
We are looking for Regional Program Consultants to work full time to manage the implementation for our collaboration. Responsibility includes:
1. Orient Urban Local Bodies (ULB) in their allocated areas to the collaboration, process of MAS formation and partner roles Identify potential NGO/CBO partners and motivate them to apply for the collaboration
2. Conduct the due diligence of local NGOs with the ULBs in their allocated areas, set up and participate in the Selection Committee processes, ensure selection of the NGOs/CBOs and signing of tripartite MOUs
3. Contribute to the training design, conduct of training at all levels, ensure participation in training both of trainers and field staff of the ULBs and partner NGOs/CBOs, from their allocated areas
4. Participate in the Training of Trainers, conduct training of ASHAS and NGO field staff, conduct refresher training as required
5. Coordinate effectively with the ULBs, NHMM, Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme, ASHAs, NGOs/CBOs, local stakeholders in their allocated areas to perform all the project activities
6. Contribute to the design of the MIS; monitor all intervention work and contribute to the evaluation of the project
7. Contribute to the process documentation
8. Submit on a timely basis and desired quality all information of allocated area as and when required and in monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual reports
9. Participate in monthly site wise feedback meetings, quarterly reviews and project meetings as and when required and give feedback on the progress (coverage and quality)
10. Fulfil any other work assigned to achieve projectand organizational outcomes
The 16 posts will be located across Maharashtra, as separately attached, the post reports to the Program Coordinator, requires to travel across allocated/project areaurban sites in Maharashtra, and maintain day-to-day contact with all his/her team members, partners and stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Educational qualification:Master?s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma (Social Work/Allied) candidates with minimum2-5 years? experience in urban slum community settings
2. Oral and written command of Marathi, Hindi and English, in that priority
1. Leadership, effective communication and interpersonal skills
2. Ability to relate to community workers, government officials and NGO staff at all levels
3. Designing, planning and conducting intervention processes, process documentation and reporting
4. Ability to multi-task, organize and mobilize resources within timelines
5. Effective team work with diverse stakeholders?setting clear expectations, tracking progress and communicating information
6. Ability to understand and utilize project budget effectively
1. Enthusiasm for community engagement and partnerships with public systems
2. Ability to be dynamic, innovative and manage diversity
3. Initiative; strong commitment, transparency and accountability to project goals
4. Walking the talk ? dependability, consistency and reliability
5. Sound values and work ethics
Professional fees will range between Rs. 20,000 ? Rs. 24,000 per month (less applicable taxes), based on prior experience, qualification and suitability to the role.
To be sent by 10th December 2016 via email to email@example.com with Subject line: (SNEHA_MAS_Regional Program Consultants)
Job Email id: hr(at)snehamumbai.org