Position: Senior Program Associate - Systems
Reporting Line: This post reports to Director -Systems
Location: Patna (Bihar)
About Project Concern International
PCI is a non-profit health and humanitarian aid organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development. It is a global health organization based in California, US and spread across 16 countries. PCI works to save lives and to build healthy communities around the world by preventing diseases and providing access to economic opportunity, clean water and nutritious food. Through over 50 years of Positive Community Impact it has developed particular expertise in building partnerships and networks, as well as mobilizing and building the capacity of communities to participate in program design, implementation and monitoring and continuous learning for sustainable and measurable impact.
PCI is registered as Project Concern International in India with the Registrar of Societies. Active in India since 1997, it has its head office in New Delhi supported by field and project offices. PCI has developed a diverse portfolio of programs in the areas of HIV/AIDS and integrated health, polio eradication, disaster risk reduction, orphaned and vulnerable children, economic empowerment of women, livelihood support and institutional strengthening in the health sector.
Our Projects in India:
JTSP (Jeevika Technical Support Program):
PCI is collaborating with Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (BRLPS) to provide Technical Assistance (TA) for Project Jeevika, to build institutional capacity of the BRLPS/ Jeevika teams at State, District, Block and Village level to develop a scalable Jeevika model to integrate and promote maternal child health, family planning, nutrition, and sanitation activities through community platforms and track progress. This TA will be provided by PCI for five years with the financial support in the form of grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The proposed partnership aims to provide TA to Jeevika in developing a strategy for integrating health into approximately 1,70,000 existing groups by leveraging learning from different development partners (e.g., DFID, UNICEF, and BMGF) and implement in a phased manner over the next five years. It is also envisaged that these years of technical assistance, provided by PCI would help Jeevika in developing the model for rest of the state.
Core Group Polio Program: Working in partnership with the CORE Secretariat in India, the Government of India (GOI), the World Health Organization (WHO), to eradicate polio virus entirely in India.
Vulnerable Children and Youth Program: PCI India provides a broad range of services for adolescents and youth at its Vocational Training Centre (VTC) in New Seemapuri
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The key role of the Senior Program Associate – Systems will be to coordinate and develop an effective liaison between critical stakeholders and various government representatives regarding the delivery of strategic objectives under JEEViKA Technical Support Program. S/He will primarily work closely with the Director-Systems in developing systemic support for achievement of key strategic initiatives. Under supervision of Director-Systems, s/he will be responsible for establishing clear lines of systems and processes for sharing information and external influencing opportunities, and for managing relationships with government and non-government agencies.
Specific responsibilities for this position will include:
• Support the supervisor to understand stakeholder’s needs by interfacing directly with JEEViKA officials, working closely with the SPMs and engage in formulation of long-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendations.
• Develop and implement a JTSP advocacy work plan in collaboration with supervisor and technical experts.
• Assist the supervisor in facilitating linkages with Government Departments and other concerned stakeholders for both PCI and the community.
• Develop contacts and maintain dialogue with officials in JEEViKA for smooth implementation of JTSP strategies.
• Provide inputs and/or develop relevant documents including note sheets, briefing papers, etc. suited to the requirement of JEEViKA
• Proactively identify and develop external relationships with government agencies and NGOs to meet the objectives of system strengthening.
• Support the supervisor to identify enabling factors and barriers that are affecting the stakeholder engagement process and suggest necessary recommendations.
• Facilitate and coordinate events and campaigns on major advocacy issues related to the program.
• Participate and regularly reviews plans & priorities with the team to make the most of emerging opportunities and potential tactics.
• Represent JTSP at different forums as required and requested by the supervisor.
• To carry out any other relevant duties as required by the organization.
• Provide inputs during development of any new proposal.
Education and Experience:
• Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management or Rural Development or Social Sciences with at least 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
• 3-5 years of work experience with the government departments/ projects, at least part of it being at the State level.
• First –hand experience of working in community mobilization and public health projects at mid-managerial level.
• Rigorous liaison skills and proven ability to write reports, concept notes, briefings and articles.
• Good analytical skills, and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
• Possess good computer skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as an effective team-player.
All applicants to send their updated resumes along with cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. by 7th December 2016 with the position name on the subject line.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider. Due to heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|Job Email id:|